- Want to help the search for better solar cell materials? Harvard’s Clean Energy project will put your idle computer to work helping to process data on organic photovoltaics, fuel cells, and more. Just download the software at http://cleanenergy.harvard.edu
- Thursday, February 5th is the National Teach-In on climate change (formally known as Focus the Nation). What is your class, residence hall, or student group doing? Get ideas at http://www.nationalteachin.org AND put your activity on UNC’s sustainability calendar by emailing brian.cain[at]fac.unc.edu.
- As if UFOs, swarms of locus, and tornados weren’t enough to contend with, global warming has now hit SimCity! According to the press release, “Electronic Arts and BP have collaborated to include climate change education within SimCity Societies, the next iteration in the genre-defining city-building franchise that has sold more than 18 million games to date.” Read more at http://kotaku.com/gaming/environment/ea--bp-add-global-warming-threat-to-simcity-309156.php
- $3.50. That’s how much it costs to own your own reusable take-out container at Rams Head and Top of Lenoir. So next time you have to eat on the run, skip the Styrofoam and use your spiffy translucent reusable container! All the cool kids are doing it. You know you want to.
- Facebook – we’ve got it! Do you? Search “UNC Sustainability Office” to proudly show your support for the cause!
Monday, January 12, 2009
Spring is here!
Welcome back, Tar Heels! The start of a new semester is always a little chaotic, so here are a few quick bites to enjoy: