Thursday, September 3, 2009

Carolina Green Commitment


Are you Carolina Green?

That's the question we'll be asking students, faculty, and staff all year long! If you think you’re Carolina Green, look out for special opportunities to make the Carolina Green Commitment both online and at "pledge tables" at select special events on campus. Everyone who makes the Commitment will receive a BPA-free, reusable Nalgene water bottle with the Carolina Green logo.* Check http://carolinagreen.unc.edu often for a schedule of upcoming events!

What is the Carolina Green Commitment?
“I pledge to make UNC and the world better for myself and future generations by living more sustainably. In my daily actions, I will strive to support environmental integrity, social justice, and sustainable economic prosperity.
I will reduce my energy and water use by: ____
I will reduce the waste I produce by: ____
I will share my commitment with others by: ____"

Pledge opportunities:

Thursday, September 24: 11:00 AM @ "Fit Wellness Into Your Day: Health, Fitness, and Academic Success Fair" in the Carolina Union's Great Hall

Tuesday, October 27: 11:15 AM @ "Campus Sustainability Day Celebration" in the Carolina Union Courtyard

*While supplies last. Must be a student or employee of UNC Chapel Hill.