That's right - for the past year Utah has had 70% of executive branch employees working 4/10 schedules (4 days/week, 10 hours/day). Does it work? YES! What are the benefits?
- Energy use has been cut by 13%, and working towards 20%
- $1.8 million was saved in operational costs in 9 the first 9 months, with expectations to increase
- Carbon footprint has been reduced by approximately 6,000 metric tons, not including the savings from fewer commuter drivers on the road
- Traffic has decreased, which has related health and environmental benefits
- 82% of employees prefer the change, with decreased health complaints, less stress, and fewer sick days taken
- It saves employees money on commuting, which leaves more money in the local economy