RILA is seeking a recent graduate for a sustainability coordinator position.
Sustainability Coordinator Position
Sustainability Coordinator Needed for Leading Retailers
The Retail Industry Leaders Association (RILA) seeks a full-time sustainability coordinator in the retail operations department that will thrive in its entrepreneurial and team-focused culture. This position offers great exposure to the retail industry as well as operations, sustainability, corporate social responsibility, and policy issues affecting retail. RILA members include retailers such as Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, The Home Depot, Apple, Costco, Walgreens, Abercrombie & Fitch, Gap, IKEA, Bed Bath & Beyond, PetSmart and many more.
The ideal candidate will be a new or recent college graduate with a strong GPA and demonstrated leadership experience. Applicants must have strong oral and written communication skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, and solid organizational skills. Applicants must be self-motivated, independent thinkers with the ability to multi-task. Internship/summer employment experience and a background in corporate sustainability issues are pluses.
This position is available June 2012. Please send your cover letter and resume along with two references to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Conveniently located in the Metropolitan Washington, DC area, RILA’s offices are located above the Rosslyn Metro station in Arlington, VA. We offer excellent benefits, competitive salary, and unparalleled opportunity.
Position Summary: Plan and facilitate sustainability committee activities, drive research and benchmarking development, manage sustainability projects, coordinate conference program planning, prepare meeting materials, and perform other duties as needed for the sustainability department. Some travel will be required.
The Retail Industry Leaders Association (RILA) is best defined by the companies we represent: America’s leading retailers. RILA proudly counts nine of the top 10 U.S. retailers as members, including companies such as Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, The Home Depot and Walgreens. RILA members also hold the top spot among key retail segments including: apparel, consumer electronics, department stores, home improvement, large format and small format, demonstrating that RILA is truly the association for ‘retail leaders.’ In fact, no trade association represents more top retailers than RILA. RILA members represent almost $1.4 trillion in sales annually and operate more than 100,000 stores, manufacturing facilities and distribution centers nationwide. RILA member retailers and suppliers have facilities in all 50 states, as well as internationally, and employ millions of workers domestically and worldwide
Employment: Full-time Non-exempt
Title: Sustainability and Retail Operations Coordinator
Department: Retail Operations
Supervisor: Vice President, Sustainability & Retail Operations
Pay Range: Salary commensurate with experience, including full benefits
- Plan and facilitate meetings and conference calls for sustainability committees.
- Work directly with conference steering committee to coordinate planning of academic program and other aspects of RILA’s annual Retail Sustainability Conference.
- Manage sustainability-related projects for sustainability committees.
- Conduct benchmarking and research studies, as well as webinars and other educational events.
- Compile content for, assemble, and distribute bi-monthly sustainability newsletter.
- Coordinate the activities of the sustainability department with other association activities.
- Conduct communications to sustainability committee membership and key retail sustainability executives.
- Maintain sustainability databases, distribution lists, schedules and key documents (issue briefs, position papers, etc.).
- Assist department with writing and reporting responsibilities (i.e., writing, proofreading and editing of PowerPoint presentations, newsletters, issue briefs, committee memorandums, research reports, industry articles, etc.).
- Assist senior staff with member committee support.
- Assist in conducting membership communications to key retail executives and business partners.
Education: Undergraduate college degree required; 3.3 GPA or higher with leadership experience in extracurricular activities.
Technical Skills: Microsoft Office applications, website management, internet research, database entry, data management, strong written and oral communication skills, organizational skills are preferred.
Experience: New or recent college graduate preferred; Two years of professional experience or less preferred; Internship or professional experience in an environment with similar duties is a plus. Start Date: The position is available for start in June 2012; Delayed start date is negotiable.